The London Tooth Wear Centre considers Bulimia and Oral Health contributing to PD Essentials with an article highlighting the effects the eating disorder can have on oral teeth. Complications can include:
• The teeth become rounded, smooth and shiny and lose their surface characteristics
• Incisal edges appear translucent
• Cupping forms in the dentine
• Cervical lesions are shallow and rounded
• Restorations tend to be unaffected by erosion and will therefore stand proud of the surrounding tooth tissue.
Read the full article below..